Central event of the SEC2SV Week (9-15 of September), EID-European Innovation Day is a thought-provoking, inspiring conference at Computer History Museum (almost 700 attendees registered in the 2017 edition) that brings together the current/future EU Unicorns and EU policy makers to meet the Silicon Valley digital economy stakeholders.
The SEC2SV Week will continue with follow-up meetings and parallel agenda for the different stakeholders. Silicon Valley counterparts for the meetings/events usually include government officials, senior execs from Facebook, Google, Uber, Airbnb, GE, representatives from the investors (Andreessen Horowitz, Felicis, Greylock, Social Capital, SoftechVC, USV, Y Combinator, RocketSpace, 500 Startups) and academic (Stanford, Berkeley, Singularity University) community.
Hot topics of 2018 edition will include:
– GDPR: Privacy and Data Storage/Transfer
– ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings) and its and CryptoCurrencies Regulations
– European Economy of Innovation in Silicon Valley
– Startup M&A
Top European scaleups aiming at expanding operations to the US market will be selected to join the event.
Minimum requirements to be considered as a Scaleup:
– to have at least 10 employees in the last 3 years
– to be growing more than 20% year-over-year in revenue, employees, or user-base.